I’m not a fan of advice, but I do think it’s important to have a reference point when you’re learning about what you want and what you don’t want in a long term partner.
- 1. Be aware of red flags.
2. Be aware of green flags.
- 3. Know your boundaries and practice asserting them regularly. Be mindful of the people you’re dating, too. How do they set boundaries? How do they respect their own and yours?
- 4. Keep up with the other aspects of your life that fulfill you.
5. Understand your own values.
- 6. Establish your dealbreakers.
- 7. Embrace uncertainty.